Counselor-in-Training (CIT) I (must be currently enrolled in 9th grade)
Mentor younger girls in a camp setting as you build skills toward becoming a camp counselor. To earn this award, complete these steps:
- Take a leadership course designed by your council on outdoor experiences.
- Work with younger girls over the course of a camp session.
Counselor-in-Training (CIT) II (must be currently enrolled in 10th grade and earned your CIT I)
To earn this award:
- Earn your CIT I award
- Work with younger girls over the course of at least one camp session while focused on increasing your skills in one specific area- such as riding instruction, lifeguarding, or the arts.
Volunteer-in-Training (VIT) (must be currently enrolled in 10th grade)
This award is for girls who’d like to mentor a Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie, or Cadette group outside of the camp experience. If you’ve completed 9th grade, you’re eligible to earn this award. Your VIT project should span 3-6 month period.
- Find a mentor volunteer who is currently the adult volunteer for a group of girls at the level you’d like to work with. This volunteer will help you through your training and internship, and you’ll help the volunteer with her group of girls for the 3-6 month period.
- Complete a council-designed leadership course
- Create and implement a thoughtful program based on a Journey or badge that lasts over 4 or more sessions. Be responsible for designing, planning, and evaluating the activities. If you’re passionate about a topic like art or technology, you could design the activities around the area you love or in which you have expertise.