Media Girls Team Description
When you see a TV show, do you ever wonder what it would be like to be on camera or maybe behind the scenes? Either way, you could be part of our Media Girls Team! Girl Scouts of Citrus Media Girls team is a new program created by the Citrus Council to give young women the opportunity to learn and develop their skills in the media industry. Develop your on-camera experience or fine tune your behind the camera skills by being a Media Girl member.
As you prepare to be a spokesperson for Girl Scouts, you’ll learn the basics of talking to the media, initial video and photography creation, and the art of storytelling. Receive professional guidance from Council Marketing Staff and Media professionals in our community. Members will also take part in special behind the scenes tours of local media and get key insights from knowledgeable guest speakers.
As the official girl faces and voices of Girl Scouts of Citrus Council, the Media Girls Team will be called upon to:
- Serve as brand ambassadors for media coverage opportunities (Radio, TV, Print)
- Attend and Report on key Citrus events
- Create videos for Citrus Council YouTube channel
- Participate in Council photoshoots
- Participate in focus groups
- Write blogs, op-eds, articles and more
What are the participation requirements?
- Be a Cadette, Senior or Ambassador level Girl Scout registered for the 2017-2018 school year
- Agree to a one-year participation commitment – October 2017 – August 2018
- Have a full Girl Scout uniform (vest or sash, white blouse, khaki pants)
- Attend at least 75% of the monthly Media Girls meetings/ media tours/ guest speaker sessions (no meetings in December)
- No experience necessary! Girls will be selected for media opportunities based on their skills, interests and availability.
- Responsibly handle and use Council provided equipment
- Complete application at https://s.surveyplanet.com/rkYUI_9oZ
- Submit a short video to our Director of Marketing & Branding, Nelson Camargo at Ncamargo@citrus-gs.org telling us why you think you would be a great Media Girls team member.
Deadline to apply is October 10, 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
Girls who are selected will be notified via email by October 16.