Girl Scouts live by the motto “be prepared,” and this includes being financially savvy. Fortunately for Girl Scouts, the good folks at Toyota Financial Services (TFS) not only offer support through financial education programs such as theDriving My Financial Future Tip Sheet , which helps prepare girls for their future, they also offer the Making Life Easier (MLE) scholarship program. MLE provides $1 million in scholarships annually to students affiliated with select nonprofits (including Girl Scouts of the USA) who both show high academic achievement and have a record of giving back to their community.
Scholarship applications are due October 31, 2017.
Eligibility. Applicants must:
- be between the ages of 16 and 26 as of the application deadline date and be members, alumni or staff of one of the listed non-profit partners* (volunteers are eligible only if they also meet organization requirements of being member, alumi or staff)
- be high school seniors, graduates, current postsecondary undergraduate, or graduate students
- have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent degree by September 2018
- plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, professional school or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2018-19 academic year
- have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- be in good standing in the community and at school (i.e. not on disciplinary or academic probation)